Microsoft has made available for download System Center 2012 Configuration Manager and System Center 2012 Endpoint Protection Release Candidates.
System Center 2012 Configuration Manager: Helps you to empower people to use the devices and applications they need to be productive, while maintaining corporate compliance and control. As more and more consumer devices enter the workplace, IT faces the challenge of delivering a rich experience to users across multiple devices – both personal and corporate-owned – without giving up the control needed to protect company assets. Configuration Manager provides a unified infrastructure for mobile, physical and virtual environments. Configuration Manager also helps you to be more efficient with simplified administrative tools and improved compliance enforcement.
– Improved endpoint protection functionality, with integrated setup, management and reporting of System Center 2012 Endpoint Protection.
– Improved application catalog design that provides a better, more responsive experience when requesting and downloading applications.
– New support for Windows Embedded devices, including Windows Embedded 7 SP1, POS-Ready 7, Windows 7 Think PC, and Windows Embedded Compact 7.
– Improved compliance enforcement and tracking, with the ability to create dynamic collections of baseline compliance and generate hourly compliance summaries.
– Platform support for deep mobile device management of Nokia Symbian Belle devices. Pending a platform update by Nokia later this calendar year for these devices, customers will be able to try out the management of Nokia devices with Configuration Manager.
System Center 2012 Endpoint Protection (previously known as Forefront Endpoint Protection 2012) protects client and server operating systems against the latest threats using industry-leading malware detection technologies. It is built on System Center 2012 Configuration Manager, giving customers a unified infrastructure for client security and compliance management. This shared infrastructure lowers ownership costs while providing improved visibility through user-centric malware reporting and control over endpoint management and security.
– Support for System Center 2012 Configuration Manager, including integrated setup, management, and reporting.
– Role-based management across security and operations.
– Improved alerting and reporting, with near real-time and user-centric data views.
– More efficient delivery of signature updates using new automatic software deployment model.