Microsoft has released Service Pack 3 (SP3) for Office 2007 suite and its now available for download at the Microsoft Download Centre.
Office 2007 Service Pack 3 (SP3) provides the latest updates which include two main categories of fixes:
– Previously unreleased fixes that were made specifically for this service pack. In addition to general product fixes, this includes improvements in stability, in performance, and in security.
– All the public updates, security updates, cumulative updates, and hotfixes that were released through September 2011.
Office 2007 SP3 offers the following improvements:
– Documents that require custom security trimming are not returned from alert search queries, even if the user who created the alert could see and query for these documents.
– Non-Unicode characters in certain error message strings now display correctly.
– Four new bibliography styles are now available in the “Word Citations & Bibliography” feature: Harvard Anglia, IEEE, APA Sixth Edition, and MLA Seventh Edition.
– Chinese New Year holiday is now included in the Outlook calendar for Singapore.
– Fixes an issue in which Excel 2007 sometimes crashes when you open an Excel workbook previously saved in a newer version of Excel. This occurs if the file uses a new feature that is not available in the 2007 Office system.
– Fixes issues with the Pre and Post Reform rules in the French Thesaurus.
– Fixes an issue in which encryption settings are not configurable when they are used with a file format compatibility pack converter and Office 2003 or an earlier version of Office.
– Fixes an issue in which a crash sometimes occurs when an Excel workbook is opened in Excel and then previewed by using the Windows Explorer preview pane feature.
– Fixes an issue in which Excel Slicers and Ribbon customizations are lost when an XLSX file is first saved as an ODS file, and then saved as an XLSX file in Excel 2007.
Note: Service Pack 3 includes all fixes which were included in Service Pack 1 and Service Pack 2 so you do not have to install Service Pack 1 or Service Pack 2 before you install Service Pack 3.