Microsoft has released a whitepaper providing information designed to help readers with achieving and maintaining optimal performance of the server infrastructure supporting a Dynamics CRM 2011-based business solution deployed in an on-premises or hosted environment.
Successfully optimizing and maintaining the performance of the server infrastructure supporting a business solution that is based on Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 requires familiarity with:
– The general approach to optimization and maintenance
– The server architecture and components that make up a Microsoft Dynamics CRM implementation
– Factors that might adversely impact the performance of CRM system components or the interactions of those components
In addition, it requires a solid understanding of:
– Options available for configuring the components of a Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 solution to overcome potential performance issues
– Best practices for customizing the Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 solution for optimal performance