Microsoft has announced the beta version of “Data Explorer“. Technically the actual bits are not public yet.
This product allows you to easily pull in lots of data from random sources, clean it up, transform it, merge it together, and then publish it out for consumption.
With “Data Explorer” you can:
– Identify the data you care about from the sources you work with (e.g. Excel spreadsheets, files, SQL Server databases).
– Discover relevant data and services via automatic recommendations from the Windows Azure Marketplace.
– Enrich your data by combining it and visualizing the results.
– Collaborate with your colleagues to refine the data.
– Publish the results to share them with others or power solutions.
Visit the official web page where you can watch the teaser trailer and sign up for an invitation to the beta.