The Active Directory (AD) Monitoring Management Pack provides both proactive and reactive monitoring of your Active Directory deployment.
The Monitoring Pack for Active Directory (AD) monitors Windows 2000 Server, Windows Server 2003, Windows Server 2008, and Windows Server 2008 R2 domain controllers.
It monitors events that various Active Directory components and subsystems place in the Application, System, and Service event logs. It also monitors the overall health of the Active Directory system and provides alerts for critical performance issues.
The September 2011 revision of the Monitoring Pack for Active Directory includes the following additions:
– Fixes to problems reported by customers
– Fixes to architectural issues to facilitate future SCOM releases.
– Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP)
– Domain Controller Locator (DCLocator)
– Net Logon service
– File Replication Service (FRS)
– Intersite Messaging service
– Windows Time service
– Key Distribution Center (KDC)
– Service availability monitoring
– Key performance data collection
– Comprehensive reports, including reports about service availability and service health, plus reports that you can use for capacity planning