Microsoft has announced the availability of Windows Azure SDK 1.5 and Windows Azure Tools for Visual Studio 2010. All three of these releases are aimed at simplifying development, deployment, and management on the Windows Azure platform.
New features included in Windows Azure SDK v1.5:
– Re-architected emulator enabling higher fidelity between local & cloud developments & deployments.
– Many fundamental improvements (performance of emulator and deployment, assembly/package validation before deployment)
– Support for uploading service certificates in csupload.exe and a new tool csencrypt.exe to help manage remote desktop encryption passwords.
– Many enhancements and fixes to Windows Azure SDK 1.4.
New enhancements in Windows Azure Tools for Visual Studio for developing & deploying cloud applications includes:
– Add Windows Azure Deployment project from Web Application project.
– Profile applications running in Windows Azure.
– Create ASP.NET MVC3 Web Roles.
– Manage multiple service configurations in one cloud project.
– Improved validation of Windows Azure packages
You can download the tools here using the Web Platform Installer.