Microsoft Host Integration Server 2010 (HIS 2010) technologies and tools enable enterprise organizations to integrate existing IBM host systems, programs, messages and data with new solutions based desktops, devices and servers running Microsoft Windows operating systems.
BizTalk Host Integration technologies can be installed on devices, client desktop, and server editions of Microsoft Windows operating systems. These technologies are available in two packages, licensed as supplemental software to core editions of BizTalk Server 2010.
HIS 2010 is comprised of server components and client components. A BTS 2010 processor license is required for each processor on which you install any server component of HIS 2010. However, HIS client components may be installed on a separate device without acquiring a processor license.
HIS 2010 is offered as supplemental technology with these editions of BTS 2010:
– HIS 2010 is licensed through BTS 2010 Enterprise Edition (BTS 2010 ENT) for customers with enterprise-level requirements for high volume, reliability, and availability.
– HIS 2010 is licensed as supplemental technology to BTS 2010 Standard Edition (BTS 2010 STD) for businesses with moderate volume and deployment scale requirements.
– HIS 2010 is licensed as supplemental technology to BTS 2010 Branch Edition (BTS 2010 BR) for remote deployment scenarios.
– HIS 2010 is licensed as supplemental technology to BTS 2010 Developer Edition (BTS 2010 DEV) for development and testing purposes.
– HIS 2010 Evaluation Edition is for evaluation purposes.