If when you try to access Outlook for Mac 2011, and you receive an error message stating that the databse is corrupt or damaged, then this article may interest you.
To resolve this issue, try these methods:
1. Rebuild the Outlook database or create a new identity: On how to how to rebuild the Outlook database or create a new identity, click here.
2. Repair disk permissions: Do the following;
1. Quit all open applications.
2. In the Finder, click Go, and then select Home. Open the Applications folder. Open the Utilities folder.
3. In the column on the left side of the Disk Utility window, select your Macintosh HD.
4. Click the First Aid tab.
5. Click Repair Disk Permissions.
6. After the repair is completed, restart the computer.