If when you launch PowerPoint for Mac and you receive this error message: Microsoft PowerPoint has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience., then this article may interest you.
You experience this issue, if any one of the following conditions is true:
– PowerPoint preferences are corrupted.
– Programs running in the background are interfering with PowerPoint.
– Application files are corrupted.
– A user account profile is corrupted.
To resolve this issue, Microsoft KB2026202 recommends you try these troubleshooting steps in this order:
1. Quit all applications and close all windows
2. Remove PowerPoint Preferences
3. Remove and then reinstall Office
4. Perform a clean startup
5. Create a new user account
6. Use the “Repair Disk Permissions” option