If when you try to install Internet Explorer 9 and you receive an error message and cannot install IE9, then this article may interest you.
Users may experince installation problems due to a number of reasons.
However, if you do experience any installation issues, you may try these four common troubleshooting scenarios in no particular order.
1. Ensure that your system meets the minimum operating system requirements: To install IE9, one of the following operating systems (or later versions) is required.
– Windows Vista (x86 and x64) with Service Pack 2 (SP 2)
– Windows 7 (x86 and x64)
– Windows Server 2008 (x86 and x64) with Service Pack 2 (SP 2)
– Windows Server 2008 R2 x64
2. Install required software and components: IE9 tries to install software prerequisites automatically. If installation of the prerequisites does not succeed, Internet Explorer 9 does not continue with the installation. In that case, you will need to install the prerequisites manually. Click here for detailed info on Prerequisites for installing IE9
3. Complete the installation of pending updates: Before you try to install IE9, ensure that installation of other updates or a system restart is not pending. To check whether you have any pending installation of updates or a pending restart, do the following to launch the Windows applet;
– On Windows 7 & Vista: Click Start, on the search bar, type wuapp then hit Enter.
Check if there is an update installation in progress, allow the installation process to complete, then try to install IE9. Likewise, if updates are installed but a system restart is required, restart your computer then install IE9.
4. Temporarily disable antispyware and antivirus software: This practise is not recommended because this leaves your computer or network more vulnerable to attack by malicious users or by malicious software such as viruses.
– Locate the AV service (the above illustration shows Microsoft Security Essentials service) running on your computer, select it then click Stop
Once the Service is disabled/stopped, try to install IE9. When the installation of IE9 completes, re-enable/start the antispyware and antivirus software.