The MOSDAL support toolkit performs network diagnostics and collects system configuration, network configuration, and logging information for service-based products that are installed on the system.
The logs that the tool generates provide data that helps technical support professionals troubleshoot configuration, network, installation, and other service-related issues.
MOSDAL collects log files, registry keys, and configuration settings that would otherwise require time-consuming and labor-intensive collection by using separate tools.
Regardless of network diagnostics or data collection execution type, the toolkit always creates a log file that is named MOSDALLog.txt to track progress as the tool runs. MOSDAL takes an average of 8 to 10 minutes to complete data collection and an average of 20 to 25 minutes to complete network diagnostics.
Network Diagnostics: The network diagnostics portion captures network configuration data together with network diagnostics output. Configuration information that is captured includes the computer’s IP address, the subnet mask, the default gateway, the DNS servers, ARP tables, the Host file, static routes, and other similar information.
Data Collection The data collection component of MOSDAL collects data about the user’s system configuration, the network configuration, and the following applications:
– Microsoft .NET Framework
– Microsoft Online Services Sign In Client for BPOS
– Microsoft Live Meeting 2007
– Microsoft Live Meeting Conferencing Add-in for Microsoft Office Outlook 2007
– Windows Internet Explorer 7, 8 & 9
– Microsoft Office Communicator 2007 R2
– Microsoft Lync 2010
– Microsoft Office Outlook 2003
– Microsoft Online Services Outlook 2003 Connector
– Microsoft Office Outlook 2007
– Microsoft Office Outlook 2010
– Microsoft Online Directory Synchronization tool
– Microsoft Online Mailbox Migration Tools
– Microsoft Office 365 Desktop Setup
– Microsoft Online Services Sign In Assistant
– Microsoft Office 2010 Professional Plus
– Microsoft Online Services Module for Windows PowerShell
– Active Directory Federation Services v2.0
Note: The MOSDAL support toolkit collects information about the computer’s configuration in the context of the user who is currently logged on to the system and who runs the tool. The toolkit can be run by an administrator or by a non-administrative user.