Microsoft includes the Inbox Repair Tool on Office suite, which lets you recover folders and items from corrupted Personal Folders or .pst files. It can even also recover items from offline folder or .ost files.
The Inbox Repair Tool or Scanpst.exe is located in the;
– C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office14 folder (for Outlook 2010)
– C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12 folder (for Outlook 2007)
The inbuilt tool recovers/repairs the following personal folders:
– Deleted Items
– Sent Items
To run the Inbox Repair Tool, do the following:
1. Click Start, and then point to Find or to Search, depending upon your operating system.
2. In the Search for files or folders named box, type scanpst.exe
3. Double click the Scanpst.exe file to open the Inbox Repair Tool.
4. Type the path and the file name of the personal folders (.pst) file or click Browse to locate the file by using the Windows file system.
5. Click Start.
Alternatively, to automatically find and launch the Inbox Repair tool, download & run Microsoft Fix it 50569 solution.