This article may interest you, if when backing up files using Windows Backup on a computer that is running Windows 7, and the backup fails and you receive the following error message:
An internal error has occurred: The parameter is incorrect: (0x80070057)
Try one of the following methods, to resolve this issue;
Method 1: Change the decimal symbol setting
This problem can occur if the decimal symbol is not set to ‘.’ (dot). This is common in languages and locales other than English (United States), such as German (Germany).
Do the following, to change the decimal symbol setting:
1. Open Control Panel, click Clock, Language, and Region, and then click Region and Language.
2. Click the Formats tab, and then click Additional settings.
3. In the Decimal symbol field, type . (dot), and then click OK two times.
4. Restart the computer.
Method 2: Add a registry key value
To manually modify the registry, do the following;
1. Click Start button, type Regedit.exe in the Search programs and files box, and then press ENTER.
2. Locate and then click the following registry subkey: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\System
3. On the Edit menu, point to New, and then click DWORD Value.
4. Type CopyFileBufferedSynchronousIo, and then press ENTER.
5. Right-click CopyFileBufferedSynchronousIo, and then click Modify.
6. In the Value data box, type 1, and then click OK.
7. Exit Registry Editor.
Important: Serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly by using Registry Editor or by using another method. These problems might require that you reinstall the operating system. Modify the registry at your own risk.
Alternatively, to fix this problem automatically, download and run Microsoft Fix it 50719 solution.