Microsoft has now made available for download Expression Web 4 Service Pack 2 (SP2). Expression Web 4 SP2 provides the latest updates to Expression Web 4.
Expression Web 4 Service Pack 2 (SP2) contains significant fixes and improvements in support for jQuery, image thumbnails in the Folder List panel, a new Snippets panel, and in other areas of the program.
Improvements provided by this service pack includes;
– jQuery support – IntelliSense has been added for jQuery. In addition to the jQuery functions themselves, this provide IntelliSense for ids and classes in your document when creating jQuery selectors.
– New Snippets Panel and improved Snippets behavior – Snippets now appear in their own panel. This panel provides all the previous functionality of the snippets feature, including keyboard accessibility from Code View with CTRL+ENTER.
– Image Thumbnails in the Folder List Panel – The Folder List now provides an image thumbnail preview in Windows 7 and Vista. This includes information such as file size, width, and height of the image for reference.
– Universal comment/uncomment – Code view now provides context-sensitive comment and uncomment functionality. The appropriate type of comment will be inserted, depending on the type of code block you currently have selected in your document.
– Workspaces – Customers can now define and save multiple layouts of their application and panels. Several starter workspace layouts are provided.
– Custom Toolbars – The popular Custom Toolbars Add-in has been directly built into the application, enabling you to create and name multiple custom toolbars and to add items of your choosing to each of them.
– Look and feel improvements to the Code View – Code now uses the popular Consolas font by default. Color and syntax highlighting in Code view have also been improved.
Issues that are resolved in this service pack includes;
– Fixed several issues improving product stability.
– Fixed items and visuals in the Insert Symbol dialog.
– The CSS property “overflow: hidden” now behaves correctly on the design surface.
– Improved handling of the HTML “name” attribute.
– Added a notification error in Snapshot panel.
– Fixed online help links in several places.
– Fixed an issue with Copy/Paste in the Folder List panel.
– Fixed an issue in which CSS media queries were removed by the “Reformat HTML” command.
– Fixed several issues that affected the formatting of special characters and symbols.
– Src and link handling now allows protocol-relative URLs.
– Fixed an issue in which deleting a table row or column through the context menu caused unexpected behavior.
– The Hyperlink dialog now properly handles links that are already URL-encoded.
– The CSS property “pre-wrap” now behaves correctly on the design surface.
– Fixed ALT+F1 shortcut for the Folder List panel.