Today, Microsoft has released and made available for download both Office 2010 and SharePoint 2010 Service Pack 1 (SP1).
Some of the fixes included in the Office 2010 SP1;
– Outlook fixes an issue where “Snooze Time” would not reset between appointments.
– The default behavior for PowerPoint “Use Presenter View” option changed to display the slide show on the secondary monitor.
– Integrated community content in the Access Application Part Gallery.
– Better alignment between Project Server and SharePoint Server browser support.
– Improved backup / restore functionality for SharePoint Server
– The Word Web Application extends printing support to “Edit Mode.”
– Project Professional now synchronizes scheduled tasks with SharePoint task lists.
– Internet Explorer 9 “Native” support for Office Web Applications and SharePoint
– Office Web Applications Support for Chrome
– Inserting Charts into Excel Workbooks using Excel Web Application
– Support for searching PPSX files in Search Server
– Visio Fixes scaling issues and arrowhead rendering errors with SVG export
– Proofing Tools improve spelling suggestions in Canadian English, French, Swedish and European Portuguese.
– Outlook Web Application Attachment Preview (with Exchange Online only)
– Office client suites using “Add Remove Programs” Control Panel, building on our work from Office 2007 SP2
Service Pack 1 (SP1) for Microsoft SharePoint Server 2010 contains new updates which improve security, performance, and stability. Additionally, the SP is a roll-up of all previously released updates.
New features and enhancements in SharePoint SP1 includes;
– Support for SQL Server Code Name “Denali”
– Shallow copy functionality
– Site-level recycle bin
– Improvements to storage management (StorMan.aspx)
– Cascading filters for Performance Point services
– Additional browser support