Microsoft has released version 2.0 of the Microsoft SharePoint 2010 Administration Toolkit which now includes a new solution SharePoint Diagnostics Studio.
This Administration Toolkit contains functionality to help administer and manage Microsoft SharePoint Foundation 2010 and Microsoft SharePoint Server 2010.
The Toolkit contains the following tools:
– Security Configuration Wizard (SCW) manifests: adds roles for SharePoint 2010 Products to Windows Server 2008 with Service Pack 2 or to Windows Server 2008 R2.
– Load Testing Toolkit (LTK): generates a Visual Studio Team System 2008 (VSTS) load test based on Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 and Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007 IIS logs.
– User Profile Replication Engine 2010 (UPRE2010): provides a shared services administrator the ability to replicate user profiles and social data between shared services providers (SSP) in Office SharePoint Server 2007 and User Profile service applications in SharePoint Server 2010.
– Content Management Interoperability Services (CMIS) connector for SharePoint Server 2010: enables SharePoint users to interact with content stored in any repository that has implemented the CMIS standard, as well as making SharePoint 2010 content available to any application that has implemented the CMIS standard.
– *New* – SharePoint Diagnostic Studio 2010 (SPDiag 3.0): provides SharePoint administrators with a unified interface that can be used to gather relevant information from a farm, display the results in a meaningful way, identify performance issues, and share or export the collected data and reports for analysis by Microsoft support personnel.
The SharePoint Diagnostics Studio provides reports in 5 separate categories: