Microsoft has released Windows MultiPoint Server 2011 Planning & Deployment Guide(s) and the two guides are available for download at the Microsoft Download Centre.
Windows MultiPoint Server 2011 Planning Guide provides assistance in preparing to purchase and deploy the server and thin clients for the solution into your environment and considerations that need to be made before deployment.
The considerations addressed in this guide includes;
– What hardware decisions should you make?
– How many computers running MultiPoint Server and stations will be required?
– Where will the computer(s) running MultiPoint Server and their stations be located, and how will they be configured?
– What is your networking environment?
– How will user accounts and files be managed?
– Where will user files be stored, and how will they be accessed?
Windows MultiPoint Server 2011 Deployment Guide provides assistance in deploying the solution into your environment and considerations that need to be made in successful deployment.
The MultiPoint Server Deployment Task List is provided for you to use as a checklist of the tasks that you must complete for successful deployment. Additional sections provide recommendations for initial planning and configuration tasks such as establishing hardware and software requirements.
Detailed information and procedures provided that are required to complete deployment tasks includes;
– Setting up the physical layout of your MultiPoint Server system
– Configuring user accounts
– Updating device drivers.
Finally, sections are included that describe advanced MultiPoint Server configuration tasks in addition to a troubleshooting section that can help assist you with common issues that you might encounter when you deploy MultiPoint Server.
Click here to get the Windows MultiPoint Server 2011 Evaluation DVD (Note: The 60-day evaluation period may be reset (re-armed) three times for a total possible evaluation time of 240 days)