Apple has published a set of system requirements for installing Windows 7 on Mac’s.
To use Boot Camp with with Windows 7, you need the following:
– An optical drive (MacBook Air computers require an external optical disc drive to install Windows 7).
– A blank CD or USB storage device to contain the Windows Drivers created by the Boot Camp Assistant.
– For 32-bit versions of Windows, at least 16 GB of free space.For 64-bit versions of Windows, at least 20 GB of free space.
– Boot Camp Assistant, which is pre-installed in /Applications/Utilities/ .
– An authentic, 32-bit or 64-bit Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Professional, or Ultimate disc.
Supported Products: Apple’s MacBook Air (Late 2010) and MacBook Pro (Early 2011) computers support 32 and 64 bit versions of Windows 7 Home Premium, Windows 7 Professional, or Windows 7 Ultimate.
Windows XP and Vista drivers are not supplied for these computers and are not supported.
Visit Apple for more information.