Below are links to useful resources that will help users in troubleshooting Windows 7 & Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 installation issues they may encounter:
– Troubleshoot problems installing a service pack for Windows 7
– Why am I receiving a message about Microsoft Security Essentials or Microsoft Forefront Client Security when installing a service pack?
– Why am I receiving an error message that system components are missing when installing Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (SP1)?
– Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 Service Pack 1 (SP1) installation error: 0x800F0A12
– How to uninstall Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (SP1)
Click here for What’s included in Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (SP1) and check out Windows 7 & Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 Documentation for more information and resources.
Users who don’t want to upgrade to the first service pack just yet, you can download the Windows 7 Service Pack 1 Blocker Tool from Microsoft. The toolkit blocks the installation of the service pack for 12 months.