Microsoft has released a guide which includes information to help IT professionals use Microsoft Office Web Apps on Microsoft SharePoint 2010 Products in an organization and it’s now available for download at the Microsoft Download Centre
The guide includes:
– Office Web Apps versions
– Integration with SharePoint 2010 Products
– Understanding the Office Web Apps user experience
– Understanding Office Web Apps architecture
– Understanding how Office Web Apps work
– Planning Office Web Apps in your organization
– Deploying Office Web Apps in your organization.
Microsoft Office Web Apps is the online companion to Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint and OneNote applications that enables users regardless of their location to access documents and edit documents.
Office Web Apps is available to users through Windows Live and to business customers with Microsoft Office 2010 volume licensing and document management solutions based on Microsoft SharePoint 2010 Products.
Note: There are some differences between the features of Office Web Apps, Office Mobile 2010 and the Office 2010 applications.