When you install Windows Internet Explorer 9 Release Candidate (RC) via Windows Update, the installation may fail with the following error code: 0x800f0902.
This issue may arise due to the following reasons:
- You have a multilingual version of Windows installed on your computer.
- Internet Explorer 9 Beta is currently installed on your computer.
- You install Internet Explorer 9 RC by using Windows Update.
To resolve this issue, install the correct language pack for Internet Explorer 9 RC. To do this, follow these steps:
1. Save all your work, close all programs, and then restart your computer.
2. Click Start button, click All Programs, and then click Windows Update.
3. In the navigation pane, click Check for updates.
4. Select Internet Explorer 9 Release Candidate from the list of important updates. If it is not listed, continue to the next step.
5. Select Internet Explorer 9 Release Candidate Language Pack Update from the list of optional updates.
6. Click Install Updates.
7. Start Internet Explorer 9 to make sure that the issue is resolved.
If the issue is not resolved, you can download Windows Internet Explorer 9 Release Candidate Language Packs associated with your Operating System from the Microsoft Download Center.
You can also Submit Feedback or Report Bugs for Internet Explorer 9 RC to Microsoft here!